This recipe came about in somewhat of an odd manner. I've recently moved back to my home town and I got invited to a barbecue with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. CrossFitters who love to eat none the less. I went out to the garden to pick some zucchini but I knew I needed to bring a paleo treat along. That's how they know me! I had a very short amount of time to whip something up and very few ingredients in my house but I threw a few things in a bowl and these delicious creations came about. Now every time we have a barbecue they ask me where the chocolate chip cookies are! I've created a bit of an addiction.
In other exciting news, my new protein bars are almost on the market! I've been playing around with the recipe for some time now and I've come up with something quite delicious. They're 100% paleo and loaded with protein. If you happen to be going to the CrossFit Games next weekend in Carson, CA be sure to find me. I'll have a sample for you. And then stay tuned via my newsletter (which you can sign up for on my homepage) or follow instagram, facebook and twitter for news about when they'll be available. I'm so excited for you to try them!
Alright, on to the recipe! These cookies come out thin, chewy, chocolaty and just plain delicious! I apologize in advance if you become addicted.
The best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made
Prep 5 mins
Cooking 8 mins
Servings 12 cookies
- 1 & 1 /4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a sperate bowl blend together the coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and blend
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop small spoonfuls of dough onto the sheet. Space the dough out well as the cookies will spread.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes